In principle and practice, the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce believes in the value and power of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Without diversity, equity and inclusion we limit our talent, resources and the business opportunities necessary to thrive in an increasing competitive global marketplace. In efforts to better serve and represent our membership the Grand Rapids Chamber is committed to actively seeking a diverse, equitable and inclusive board, workforce, membership, business environment and community.
We support these values through our polices, practices, membership services and community engagement.
Diversity & Inclusion Capacity Building Services
Assistance with constructing and updating Diversity & Inclusion Plan of Work
- The Business Case for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diversity & Inclusion Awareness
- Unconscious Bias
- Cultural Intelligence (CQ) Assessments & Training
Diversity & Inclusion Events
Annual DEI (Diversity Equity Inclusion) Summit & Diversity Visionary Award Celebration
- The annual Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Summit (DEI) provides Chamber members and the community a deeper understanding of the business case for diversity, equity and inclusion. Attendees will gain connections, information and tools to advance their professional skills and business strategies.
- Nominations are now open for the 2018 Diversity Visionary Awards! If your company is making great strides in diversity and inclusion, now is the time to recognize them for the great work they’re doing by nominating them for an award. This year’s awards feature three business categories: small, mid-size and large businesses, and applicants will be rated on a one to five star scale. Click here for the nomination form.
Whether it’s diversity of race, gender, or sexual orientation, it is a key ingredient in adapting to the modern U.S. client base. To that end, it’s no surprise that businesses that embrace diversity have a better standing in the marketplace rather than those who resist it. Click here to read 5 facts about the benefits of diversity in the workplace that may surprise you.
Questions? Contact Sonya Hughes, Vice President of Inclusion, at 616.771.0321 or firstname.lastname@example.org