About the Program
We get it... public speaking is scary. Of the estimated 75% of Americans that experience fear and anxiety from speaking in front of others, less than 10% take steps to overcome it.
Speak with Purpose is designed to equip participants with the skills and confidence necessary to organize and deliver effective presentations. Over the course of five interactive sessions comprised of one-on-one, small group, impromptu, and sit-down situations, individuals will learn how to organize a presentation and deliver it to audiences large and small. Through practice and personalized feedback from peers, individuals will learn how to Speak with Purpose.
What You'll Gain
- Focused, engaging presentations that promote results.
- A surge of confidence as associates apply their organizational and presenting skills with confidence.
- A consistent presentation approach that clarifies messages inside the organization and for customers.
- Increased individual impact that brings strategic and practical benefits for the business.
- Improved morale and reduced turnover as associates apply new skills and achieve new standing in the organization.
Chamber leadership programs prioritize creating spaces where diverse perspectives can come together to learn, grow, and push our community forward.
2022 Session Dates, Program Details & Cost
All sessions are hosted bi-weekly on Mondays from 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- September 12: Orientation & Building Relationships
- September 26: Speak with Purpose
- October 10: How to Influence
- October 24: Develop a Dynamic Delivery Style
- November 7: Reduce Your Preparation Time
Session 1: Orientation & Building Relationships
Increase rapport and persuasiveness with your listeners and learn components of powerful presentation presence
Session 2: Speak with Purpose
Why purpose matters, how to gesture with purpose, and the proper stance when presenting
Session 3: How to Influence
Explore "the finishing touches" (attention-grabbing openings, closes, stories, metaphors, illustrations) and learn how to design and use visuals effectively
Session 4: Develop a Dynamic Delivery Style
Organize your presentation ideas and information for highest impact and listener engagement
Session 5: Reduce Your Preparation Time
Learn how to think on your feet by responding to questions clearly, concisely, and credibly; speaking with confidence
Program Cost: Tuition must be paid in full by the first class session.
Chamber Member: $1,500
Questions or Comments?
Please reach out to Monica Mendez, Talent Development Manager, at [email protected].