Learn how to transition to the next level of leadership with Leadership Advantage
Applications for the 2020 Leadership Advantage cohort are now open.
Your application is NOT COMPLETE without a signed commitment form. Please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for Leadership Advantage.
About the Program
Now in its 12th year, Leadership Advantage is an intensive skills-based executive/leadership coaching program, led by Barbara Rapaport, of Real Time Perspectives, which is designed to enhance the knowledge and critical thinking skills of emerging and established leaders. The truly unique aspect of Leadership Advantage is its focus on a group leadership coaching experience which incorporates substantial opportunities for meaningful self-reflection, peer coaching, and honest conversations about how your worldview influences your leadership effectiveness.
Leadership Advantage is your chance to:
- Transform your best talent into your best leaders
- Apply critical thinking and dialogue through peer-to-peer coaching
- Develop inter-sector and inter-discipline learning among participants
- Have courageous conversations about how implicit bias may be influencing your actions
- Create a unique Leadership Development Plan for yourself
- Benefit from the extraordinary networking for which Create Great Leaders Programs are known
Chamber leadership programs prioritize creating spaces where diverse perspectives can come together to learn, grow and push our community forward.
2020 Session Dates, Program Details & Cost
All sessions will be held virtually on Tuesdays from 1:00 pm – 5:00pm.
- Orientation & Welcome Reception – August 18
- Session 1: Personal Mastery – September 1
- Session 2: Navigating Complexity – September 15
- Session 3: Ethical Dilemmas – September 29
- Session 4: Fight or Flight – October 13
- Session 5: Inspiring Trust – October 27
- Session 6: Authentic Leadership – November 10
- Session 7: Case Studies – December 1
- Session 8: Putting It All Together – December 15
*Attendance at all program sessions is mandatory to achieve the full value of the program. Persons who cannot adjust their schedules to accommodate full participation should not apply to the program. If selected, participants’ employer will be required to provide a signature agreeing to their full support for the employee’s time required to participate in Leadership Advantage.
The Leadership Advantage program has capacity for 12 diverse individuals who:
- Is a strong leader in their organization and/or community
- Are motivated and interested in new learning, self-discovery, community exposure and networking; and how to use this experience to serve as community trustees
- Represent a cross-section of business, non-profits and units of government, professions, ages, cultural perspectives, ethnic backgrounds, and geographical areas throughout the Grand Rapids community
- Willing to commit to being on time and engaged in all LA day sessions and your scheduled individual coaching session.
Cost and Scholarships:
Program Cost: Tuition must be paid in full by the first class session.
Chamber Member: $2,800
There are a limited number of partial scholarship funds available. Please submit the following scholarship application form to email@example.com, along with a short explanation of the reason for your request, by NO LATER than 30 days prior to first session to be considered.
Questions or Comments?
Please reach out to Mel Trombley, Director of Leadership Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org