Applications for the 2021 Leadership Advantage cohort are now open.
Your application is NOT COMPLETE without a signed commitment form. Please submit this to Mel Trombley, Director of Leadership Programs, to be considered for Leadership Advantage.
About the Program
Now in its thirteenth year, Leadership Advantage is an intensive skills-based executive leadership coaching program led by Barbara Rapaport of Real Time Perspectives designed to enhance the knowledge and critical thinking skills of emerging and established leaders. The truly unique aspect of Leadership Advantage is its focus on a group leadership coaching experience, which incorporates substantial opportunities for meaningful self-reflection, peer coaching, and honest conversations about how your worldview influences your leadership effectiveness.
Leadership Advantage is your chance to:
- Transform your best talent into your best leaders
- Apply critical thinking and dialogue through peer-to-peer coaching
- Develop inter-sector and inter-discipline learning among participants
- Have courageous conversations about how implicit bias may be influencing your actions
- Create a unique Leadership Development Plan for yourself
- Benefit from the extraordinary networking for which Create Great Leaders Programs are known
Chamber leadership programs prioritize creating spaces where diverse perspectives can come together to learn, grow and push our community forward.
2020 Session Dates, Program Details & Cost
All sessions are hosted bi-weekly on Tuesday between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- January 19: Orientation & Welcome Reception
- February 2: Personal Mastery
- February 16: Navigating Complexity
- March 2: Ethical Dilemmas
- March 16: Fight or Flight
- March 30: Inspiring Trust
- April 13: Authentic Leadership
- April 27: Case Studies
- May 11: Putting It All Together
All sessions are hosted bi-weekly between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- June 29: Orientation & Welcome Reception
- July 13: Personal Mastery
- July 27: Navigating Complexity
- August 10: Ethical Dilemmas
- August 24: Fight or Flight
- September 9: Inspiring Trust
- September 21: Authentic Leadership
- October 5: Case Studies
- October 19: Putting It All Together
Attendance at all program sessions is mandatory to achieve the full value of the program. If you cannot adjust your schedule to accommodate full participation, please consider applying at a time when you have greater flexibility. If selected, the participant’s employer will be required to provide a signature agreeing to their full support of the employee’s time required to participate in Leadership Advantage.
The Leadership Advantage program has capacity for 12 diverse individuals who:
- Are strong leaders in their organization and/or community
- Are motivated and interested in new learning, self-discovery, community exposure and networking; and how to use this experience to serve as community trustees
- Represent a cross-section of business, non-profits and units of government, professions, ages, cultural perspectives, ethnic backgrounds, and geographical areas throughout the Grand Rapids community
- Willing to commit to being on time and engaged in all LA day sessions and scheduled individual coaching sessions
Cost and Scholarships
Program Cost: Tuition must be paid in full by the first class session.
Chamber Member: $2,800
There are a limited number of partial scholarship funds available. Please submit the following scholarship application form to email@example.com along with a short explanation of the reason for your request NO LATER than 30 days prior to first session to be considered.
Questions or Comments?
Please reach out to Mel Trombley, Director of Leadership Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org