About the Program
Facilitated by Pause & Think Consulting, LeadUp is designed to guide first-time managers through the concepts, principles and best practices necessary for a successful transition. The assessment, curriculum and individual coaching included in the program has been tailored specifically for new managers in the skilled trades.
What You'll Gain
- An understanding of the three critical success factors of first-time managers (defining and assigning work; enabling others to do the work; building social contracts and relationships).
- Clarity around new skills, use of time, and prioritization required to execute management responsibilities.
- An understanding of best practices and fundamentals for first-time managers in the context of the self, the group, and the organization.
Chamber leadership programs prioritize creating spaces where diverse perspectives can come together to learn, grow, and push our community forward.
2022 Session Dates, Program Details & Cost
* Cohort 1 is now complete. Check out our other Cohort dates for this year!
All sessions are hosted weekly on Tuesdays from 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- May 26: The Self, The Group, The Organization
- June 2: Defining and Assigning the Work
- June 9: Enabling Others to Do the Work
- June 16: Building Social Contracts & Relationships
- June 23: Reinforcement of Skills and Key Concepts
- June 30: Piecing it all Together: Practice!
Cohort 3 (Presented in Spanish)
All sessions are hosted bi-weekly on Thursdays from 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. Cohort 3 will be presented in Spanish.
- September 6: The Self, The Group, The Organization
- September 20: Defining and Assigning the Work
- October 4: Enabling Others to Do the Work
- October 18: Building Social Contracts & Relationships
- November 1: Reinforcement of Skills and Key Concepts
- November 15: Piecing it all Together: Practice!
Attendance at all program sessions is mandatory to achieve the full value of the program. If you cannot adjust your schedule to accommodate full participation, please consider applying at a time when you have greater flexibility.
Program Cost: Tuition must be paid in full by the first class session.
Chamber Member: $2,750
If you have questions on payment or need to set up a payment plan, please contact Kessia Graves, Leadership Program Coordinator, at [email protected].
Questions or Comments?
Please reach out to Monica Mendez, Talent Development Manager, at [email protected].