About the Program
If you are a professional with a passion for growing your career and becoming actively engaged in the community, the Emerging Leaders Series offers the ideal setting to expand your horizons.
Make Grand Rapids your classroom with five half-day sessions that combine tours, speakers, activities, and inter-disciplinary discussions that build community connections, leadership skills, and insight into issues facing Grand Rapids. Plus, you’ll discover new opportunities to engage in the community.
Session Information (all sessions run on Wednesdays from 11:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.):
June 26, 2019: Orientation & Building Relationships
July 10, 2019: Your Community
July 24, 2019: Finding Your Strengths
August 7, 2019: Key Community Issues
August 21, 2019: You Are Next
This five-session program features:
- Conversations with key community leaders
- Visits to innovative community programs and initiatives
- Networking with a diverse group of peers
- An orientation to the city and what makes it a unique community
- Personal leadership development
This professional development opportunity is particularly valuable for young and early-career professionals as well as those with a keen interest in our community and growing professionally.
2019 Program Details:
The 2019 Emerging Leaders Series program has capacity for up to 40 diverse individuals. The Emerging Leaders Series seeks individuals who:
- Are passionate about growing their careers
- Are motivated and interested in learning, self-discovery, community exposure, networking; and how to use this experience to become community trustees
- Represent a cross-section of business, non-profits and units of government, professions, ages, cultural perspectives, ethnic backgrounds, and geographical areas throughout the Grand Rapids community
- Willing to commit to being on time and engaged in all ELS sessions and assigned pre-work
Questions? Contact Mel Trombley at firstname.lastname@example.org