Applications for the 2020 Emerging Leaders Series cohorts are now open.
Your application is NOT COMPLETE without a signed commitment form. Please submit this to email@example.com to be considered for the Emerging Leaders Series.
About the Program
If you are a professional with a passion for growing your career and becoming actively engaged in the community, the Emerging Leaders Series offers the ideal setting to expand your horizons.
Make Grand Rapids your classroom with five half-day sessions that combine tours, speakers, activities, and inter-disciplinary discussions that build community connections, leadership skills, and insight into issues facing Grand Rapids. Plus, you’ll discover new opportunities to engage in the community.
This program is right for you if you are looking for:
- Conversations with key community leaders
- Visits to innovative community programs and initiatives
- Networking with a diverse group of peers
- An orientation to the city and what makes it a unique community
- Personal leadership development
This professional development opportunity is particularly valuable for young and early-career professionals as well as those with a keen interest in our community and growing professionally.
Chamber leadership programs prioritize creating spaces where diverse perspectives can come together to learn, grow and push our community forward.
2020 Session Dates, Program Details & Cost
All sessions run on Wednesdays from 11:45am – 5:00pm
- Session 1: July 8, 2020 | Orientation & Building Relationships
- Session 2: July 22, 2020 | Your Community
- Session 3: August 5, 2020 | Finding Your Strengths
- Session 4: August 19, 2020 | Key Community Issues
- Session 5: September 2, 2020 | You Are Next
All sessions run on Wednesdays from 11:45 am – 5:00pm
- Session 1: October 21, 2020 | Orientation & Building Relationships
- Session 2: November 4, 2020 | Your Community
- Session 3: November 18, 2020 | Finding Your Strengths
- Session 4: December 2, 2020 | Key Community Issues
- Session 5: December 16, 2020 | You Are Next
* Attendance at all sessions is mandatory to achieve the full value of the program. Persons who cannot adjust their schedules to accommodate full participation should not apply to the program. If selected, the participants’ employer will be required to provide a signature agreeing to their full support for the employee’s time required to participate in the Emerging Leaders Series.
The Emerging Leaders Series program has capacity for up to 40 diverse individuals who:
- Are passionate about growing their careers
- Are motivated and interested in learning, self-discovery, community exposure, networking; and how to use this experience to become community trustees
- Represent a cross-section of business, non-profits and units of government, professions, ages, cultural perspectives, ethnic backgrounds, and geographical areas throughout the Grand Rapids community
- Willing to commit to being on time and engaged in all ELS sessions
Cost and Scholarships:
Program Cost: Tuition must be paid in full by the first class session.
Chamber Member: $800
There are a limited number of partial scholarship funds available. Please submit the following scholarship application form to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a short explanation of the reason for your request, by NO LATER than 30 days prior to first session to be considered.
Questions or Comments?
Please reach out to Megan Steenwyk, Talent Development Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.