Nominations for the 2020 ATHENA Awards program are currently closed.
Every year at the ATHENA Awards Celebration, we gather to CELEBRATE those who embody, encourage and promote the inclusion of women. The ATHENA Leadership Award is presented to an outstanding leader who is honored for professional excellence, community service and for actively assisting women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills. More than thirty amazing individuals have received the prestigious ATHENA Award in Grand Rapids.
Both the ATHENA Leadership Award and ATHENA Young Professional Award are founded on the ATHENA Leadership Model® from ATHENA International. This model identifies eight distinct attributes that are reflective of women’s contributions to leadership: Authentic Self, Relationships, Giving Back, Collaboration, Courageous Acts, Learning, Fierce Advocacy, Celebration and Joy. The ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award recognizes businesses and organizations that support, develop and honor women leaders.
ATHENA Leadership Award Recipient
- Is an established leader and mentor who assists women in reaching their full potential
- Demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession
- Provides valuable service by devoting time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award Recipient
- Is an emerging leader who demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Serves as a role model for young women personally and professionally
- Is 40 years old or younger as of September 2020, and has a minimum of five (5) years professional experience
- Provides valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in the community
ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award
- Recognizes businesses and organizations that support, develop and honor women leaders
- Creates an organizations culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential
- Gives back to the larger community of women and girls by providing and/or supporting leadership development opportunities and initiatives
Please note that the nominator is an individual nominating another individual for an ATHENA award, and the nominee is the individual whom is being nominated.