event space rental
The Steelcase Conference Center at the Grand Rapids Chamber offers more than 2,000 square feet of conference space our members can utilize for meetings, training, seminars and beyond. Comprised of three separate conference rooms -- Priority Health, Lake Michigan Credit Union & Lake Michigan Insurance Company and Mercy Health -- the Steelcase Conference Center can be scaled to meet the unique needs of your next event. Reservation of the Steelcase Conference Center is available to Trustee members and above. Please visit our Membership Benefits page to learn more about the benefits of your package.
Please note that our hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Steelcase Conference Room Features
The capacity for the Steelcase Conference Center, as well as the individual conference rooms it is comprised of, varies based on the unique needs of the client. Please refer to the capacity estimates below. Any event exceeding 125 guests will be subject to mixed seating options or, if preferred, chair rental.
- Steelcase Groupwork flip-top tables on wheels (5’ x 2’)
- Steelcase Max-Stacker III stackable chairs
- Access to guest WiFi
- Built-in sound system with concealed speakers
- Ceiling-mounted projectors and projection screens (one set per room)
- Crestron AirMedia wireless presentation technology
- Sonos wireless sound system with sound masking and music streaming capabilities
- Wireless handheld microphones (one per room)
- Polycom SoundStation conference phone
Reservation is required. To inquire about a date and/or space availability, please submit an inquiry. All space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. To hold your date, a deposit of at least 50 percent of the total rental is required. Any remaining balance is due no later than one business day prior to your event date.
Cancellations must be submitted a minimum of 60 days prior to the event date. Any cancellations made beyond this date will forfeit the rate of the deposit (equivalent to 50 percent of the total rental).
The Chamber must receive the below items to finalize your reservation. Specific due dates will be provided with your booking confirmation. Until these items are received, the reservation is considered temporary and may be canceled at the Chamber’s discretion.
- Rental Agreement
- Event Intake Form
- Certificate of Special Event Liability Insurance
The Grand Rapids Chamber has partnered with select member caterers to provide food and beverage services within the Steelcase Conference Center.
In entering into a rental agreement with the Grand Rapids Chamber, the renter assumes full responsibility of catering coordination for his/her event. Please email the caterer(s) for a current menu, all of which are subject to change without advanced notice. The Facilities & Events Project Manager is happy to provide suggestions based on event needs.
Directions and Parking
The Grand Rapids Chamber is located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan at 250 Monroe Avenue NW. Formerly the Calder Plaza building, our office can be located in the Bank of America building across from the DeVos Convention Center. Parking is not provided by the Grand Rapids Chamber for events but can be accessed in multiple ramps in the surrounding area.
- Calder Plaza entrance off Ottawa Avenue: Upon entering the plaza, the Grand Rapids Chamber WorkCafé entrance is immediately to your left.
- Monroe Avenue entrance: Upon entering the plaza, proceed upstairs to the first-floor landing. The Grand Rapids Chamber is located on the right. Elevators can be accessed at the east end of the plaza to your left (Ottawa Avenue level).
- Fifth Third lot: Upon entering the plaza, take the elevator to the Ottawa Avenue level. The Grand Rapids Chamber is located to your right upon exit from the elevator.
Questions about space rental? Please contact one of the following:
- (616) 771 – 0323