On Monday, March 23, Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order, directing all Michigan businesses and operations to temporarily suspend in-person operations that are not necessary to sustain or protect life.
The order also directs Michiganders to stay in their homes unless they’re a part of the critical infrastructure workforce, as listed here, or engaged in an outdoor activity, or performing tasks necessary to the health and safety of themselves or their family, like going to the hospital or grocery store.
The Grand Rapids Chamber is evaluating the details of the executive order closely to provide further guidance to you, our members, and the Governor’s office. We will continue working to connect you with important information, including best practices for businesses to mitigate the impact of the crisis on your business and employees.
Chamber Resource Calls
Federal Relief: Small Business and Unemployment Support
A Conversation with US Senator Gary Peters
Tue, Mar 31, 2020 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM (EDT)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3112
Access Code: 880-643-437
Is the Work Café open?
The health and safety of our members, community, and partners is our highest priority. At this time, the Chamber Work Café will be closed until further notice.
Are any events cancelled?
After careful consideration, and in light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we are postponing upcoming events and programming that is currently scheduled through April 13, 2020. Rescheduling programming will enable us to provide the experience that our members, community, and partners deserve in a safe environment. If you are currently registered for any events and programming in the upcoming weeks, you will receive an email communication specifically for that event, along with any refund information.
We remain excited to host you later this year and will get back to you with more information on specific date updates in the coming weeks as we continue to monitor the situation.
Please take a moment to let us know if you have any questions regarding your registration(s), or your Grand Rapids Chamber Membership. Your voice matters, and we care about your feedback and experience.
We look forward to hosting you in the future. Stay healthy!
- Support Area Restaurants for Carry-Out & Delivery
- West Michigan COVID-19 Business Coalition
- Webinar regarding Coronavirus from the U.S. Chamber
- World Health Organization hand washing guide
- Varnum Law on Employee Travel and Global Supply Shortages
- Both Spectrum Health and Priority Health are actively working to keep our communities informed about the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19.
- Michigan Small Business Relief Grant – Applications
- Small Business Relief Program
- FFCRA Poster
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA): Employee Paid Leave Rights
- FFCRA – Fact Sheet for Employers
- FFCRA – Questions and Answers
- Federal Relief Package – Details for Businesses
- Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- CISA Guidance on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers
- SBDC: Supporting Small Business During COVID-19
- Executive Order from Governor’s Office: Temporary Expansions on Unemployment Eligibility & Cost-Sharing
- Unemployment Insurance Agency Webinar Notes
- Information on the Michigan Small Business Relief Program
- Michigan COVID-19 Business Response Center
- Virtual Leadership Training: Leading in a Crisis
- Businesses Hiring Amid COVID-19 OutBreak
- Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity- Pure Michigan Talent Connect
- West Michigan Works!
- Grand Rapids Chamber Member Directory
- Pandemic preparedness
- CDC Guide for Business and Employers
- U.S. Department of Labor Health & Safety Topics
- Comcast Offering ‘Internet Essentials’ Package for Low-Income Households
- Steps Taken by Sprint to Assist Customers
- Ways to Communicate with Customers during “Stay Home, Stay Safe”
- Family Business Alliance
The Grand Rapids Chamber knows businesses like yours may also be experiencing unexpected challenges, and we’re committed to providing as much support as possible. Please reach out to our team members with specific questions or needs:
Business Services and General Inquiry: Mark Allen, email@example.com
- Unemployment Insurance, Executive Orders and HR Issues: Andy Johnston, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Care and Education: Alexa Kramer, email@example.com
- Federal and Local Government Issues: Josh Lunger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SBA Loans and MEDC: Dante Villarreal, email@example.com
- Retail Support: Richard App, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foundations: Omar Cuevas, email@example.com