The Grand Rapids Chamber continues to actively follow the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and we are evaluating actions daily to best identify how to serve you. We will continue working to connect you with important information and resources, including best practices for businesses, to mitigate the impact of the crisis on your business and employees.
Additionally, we are working on evaluating future programming and events to ensure the safety of our members, community and partners. Further communication regarding upcoming events will be extended as soon as possible. You can find the latest information and stay up to date on www.grandrapids.org
CARES Act Resources
- Federal Relief Package – Details for Businesses
- Summary of Bipartisan Agreement on “CARES” Act
- Warner Norcross + Judd Summary of CARES Act
- Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- SBDC: Supporting Small Business During COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA): Employee Paid Leave Rights
- FFCRA – Fact Sheet for Employers
- FFCRA – Questions and Answers
- FFCRA Poster
Michigan Financial Resources
- Michigan Small Business Relief Grant – Applications
- Small Business Relief Program
- Information on the Michigan Small Business Relief Program
- UIA Work Share Brochure
- Michigan Work Share One-Page Summary
- Businesses Hiring Amid COVID-19 OutBreak
- Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity- Pure Michigan Talent Connect
- West Michigan Works!
- Grand Rapids Chamber Member Directory
- Unemployment Insurance Agency Webinar Notes
- Executive Order from Governor’s Office: Temporary Expansions on Unemployment Eligibility & Cost-Sharing
Essential Business Guidance & Executive Order Links
- Governor Whitmer’s MI Safe Start Plan
- Department of Labor & Economic Opportunity: Return to work guidelines for manufacturing
- Extension of Stay Home, Stay Safe Executive Order (EO 2020-42)
- Executive Order 2020-21 FAQ
- Chamber Overview of Stay Home, Stay Safe Executive Order
- CISA Guidance on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers
- Executive Order 2020-16 on Childcare Amid COVID-19 Crisis
Business Resources & Best Practices
- Kent County Back to Work: Guidelines & Resources for Reopening Kent County Businesses
- West Michigan COVID-19 Business Coalition
- Michigan COVID-19 Business Response Center
- Varnum Law on Employee Travel and Global Supply Shortages
- Virtual Leadership Training: Leading in a Crisis
- CDC Guide for Business and Employers
- U.S. Department of Labor Health & Safety Topics
- Ways to Communicate with Customers during “Stay Home, Stay Safe”
- Webinar regarding Coronavirus from the U.S. Chamber
- Family Business Alliance
- Blue Cross COVID-19 Overview
- Support Area Restaurants for Carry-Out & Delivery
- Kent District Library scholarship program for Career Online High School
- World Health Organization hand washing guide
- Comcast Offering ‘Internet Essentials’ Package for Low-Income Households
- Steps Taken by Sprint to Assist Customers
- Pandemic preparedness
- Lighthouse Group Webinar: Loss of Coverage – What are Your Options?
- Lighthouse Group Webinar: Medicare 101
Chamber Resource Calls
Is the Work Café open?
The health and safety of our members, community, and partners is our highest priority. At this time, the Chamber Work Café will be closed until further notice.
Are any events cancelled?
After careful consideration, and in light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we are postponing upcoming events and programming that is currently scheduled through May 28, 2020. Rescheduling programming will enable us to provide the experience that our members, community, and partners deserve in a safe environment. If you are currently registered for any events and programming in the upcoming weeks, you will receive an email communication specifically for that event, along with any refund information.
We remain excited to host you later this year and will get back to you with more information on specific date updates in the coming weeks as we continue to monitor the situation.
Please take a moment to let us know if you have any questions regarding your registration(s), or your Grand Rapids Chamber Membership. Your voice matters, and we care about your feedback and experience.
We look forward to hosting you in the future. Stay healthy!
The Grand Rapids Chamber knows businesses like yours may also be experiencing unexpected challenges, and we’re committed to providing as much support as possible. Please reach out to our team members with specific questions or needs:
Business Services and General Inquiry: Mark Allen, email@example.com
- Unemployment Insurance, Executive Orders and HR Issues: Andy Johnston, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Care and Education: Alexa Kramer, email@example.com
- Federal and Local Government Issues: Josh Lunger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SBA Loans and MEDC: Dante Villarreal, email@example.com
- Retail Support: Richard App, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foundations: Omar Cuevas, email@example.com