The Grand Rapids Chamber continues to actively follow the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and we are evaluating actions daily to best identify how to serve you. We will continue working to connect you with important information and resources, including best practices for businesses, to mitigate the impact of the crisis on your business and employees.
At this time, the Grand Rapids Chamber Work Cafe remains closed until further notice. If you have any questions, please contact Kessia Graves at email@example.com
Small Business Support:
- Kent County Small Business Recovery Program
- Michigan SBDC Small Business COVID-19 Support
- Michigan Restaurant Promise
- Printable Posters:
Workplace Safety Guidelines:
- Workplace Safety Video
- CDC Resources:
- Executive Orders:
- Employee Guidelines
- Employer Guidelines
- OSHA Resources
Michigan Department of Labor & Opportunity Guidelines by Industry:
- General Industry
- Gyms/Fitness Centers
- Health Care
- In-Home Services
- Personal Care Services
- Research Labs
- Restaurants & Bars
- Sports & Entertainment
Government Relief & Guidance
- Michigan COVID-19 Safety Grant (information)
- Michigan COVID-19 Safety Grant (application)
- Michigan Small Business Restart Program
- Small Business Relief
- Tax Relief
- Unemployment Benefits
- Guidance for Employers
- Michigan Paycheck Protection Program
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (information)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (application)
- CARES Act
- Federal Paycheck Protection Program
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan
- Federal ‘Families First Coronavirus Response Act’
Chamber Resource Calls
Is the Work Café open?
The Work Cafe has re-opened by appointment on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We have missed working alongside our members, and we look forward to cultivating an environment where we can do this again safely.
Our new hours will be 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Appointments can be made by calling the Chamber office at (616) 771-0300 or by emailing Kessia Graves at Kessia@grandrapids.org. All visitors will be required to complete a pre-visit health survey and will have their temperature checked upon arrival, courtesy of Applied Imaging. We have also installed plexiglass partitions, courtesy of Custer, to promote social distancing and allow you to work safely with confidence.
Are any events cancelled?
After careful consideration, and in light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we are postponing upcoming events or transitioning to a virtual format. Rescheduling programming will enable us to provide the experience that our members, community, and partners deserve in a safe environment. If you are currently registered for any events and programming in the upcoming weeks, you will receive an email communication specifically for that event, along with any refund information.
Be sure to subscribe to our email list to stay up-to-date on the latest information regarding our upcoming events.
Please take a moment to let us know if you have any questions regarding your registration(s), or your Grand Rapids Chamber Membership. Your voice matters, and we care about your feedback and experience.
We look forward to hosting you in the future. Stay healthy!
The Grand Rapids Chamber knows businesses like yours may also be experiencing unexpected challenges, and we’re committed to providing as much support as possible. Please reach out to our team members with specific questions or needs:
Business Services and General Inquiry: Mark Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unemployment Insurance, Executive Orders and HR Issues: Andy Johnston, email@example.com
- Child Care and Education: Alexa Kramer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Federal and Local Government Issues: Josh Lunger, email@example.com
- SBA Loans and MEDC: Dante Villarreal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retail Support: Richard App, email@example.com
- Foundations: Omar Cuevas, firstname.lastname@example.org