Create Great Community | 31st Annual ATHENA Awards Celebration
Every day, individuals are challenging, inspiring and innovating their communities to be a strong force for change. ATHENA Grand Rapids exists to support, develop and honor women leaders.
We are all responsible for advocating for women. We are ATHENA.
Every year at the ATHENA Awards Celebration, we gather to CELEBRATE those who embody, encourage and promote the inclusion of women. The ATHENA Leadership Award is presented to an outstanding leader who is honored for professional excellence, community service and for actively assisting women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills. More than thirty amazing individuals have received the prestigious ATHENA Award in Grand Rapids.
Both the ATHENA Leadership Award and ATHENA Young Professional Award are founded on the ATHENA Leadership Model® from ATHENA International. This model identifies eight distinct attributes that are reflective of women’s contributions to leadership: Authentic Self, Relationships, Giving Back, Collaboration, Courageous Acts, Learning, Fierce Advocacy, Celebration and Joy. We are also excited to introduce the ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award in 2019, which will recognize businesses and organizations that support, develop and honor women leaders.
Thursday, September 24, 2020
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
About Last Year’s Awards
2019 ATHENA Leadership Award
The recipient of the Grand Rapids Chamber 2019 ATHENA Leadership Award is Peggy Murphy, Shareholder, Hungerford Nichols CPAs + Advisors. All finalists are listed below.
- Mayor Rosalynn Bliss, City of Grand Rapids
- Sandi Frost Steensma, President & CEO, Kennari Consulting
- Sandra Gaddy, CEO, Grand Rapids Women’s Resource Center
- Michelle Rabideau, President, The Saint Mary’s Foundation of Mercy Health
2019 ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award Finalists
- Anissa Eddie, Pritzker Fellow, KConnect & First Steps Kent and Co-Founder, Malamiah Juice Bar
- Amy Marshall, Co-Owner, Management Business Solutions
- Paola R. Mendivil, Catering Coordinator, El Granjero Mexican Grill
- Kimberly Van Driel, Director of Public Space Management, Downtown Grand Rapids Inc.
2019 ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award Finalists
- Center for Women’s Sexual Health
- LCS Record Retrieval
The recipients for the ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award and ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award will be announced at the 30th Annual ATHENA Awards Celebration.
Each year, the Grand Rapids Chamber ATHENA Eileen DeVries Scholarship is given to women over 30 years of age who are pursuing their higher education goals. If you are interested in donating, click here!
Finalist Reception Sponsor