Breakfast with Legislators
Breakfast with Legislators events provide Chamber members and their employees the opportunity to establish relationships with key decision makers and voice opinions on issues moving forward in Lansing. Networking and facilitated question-and-answer sessions offer firsthand information on upcoming legislation and House and Senate committee activities, prompting great dialogue between legislators and Chamber members.
This month’s event will be hosted at Amway World Headquarters. Sam Moore, Executive Director of the Kent County Parks Foundation will also join us to discuss a proposed “West Michigan Outdoor Recreation Regional Growth Cluster.” Led by Kent County and supported by more than 20 community partners, the proposal is seeking an Economic Development Administration Build Back Better Regional Challenge grant. The outdoor recreation cluster will focus on recreational infrastructure, manufacturing, technology investments, workforce development, and an innovation hub.
We will also have a panel of local legislators moderated by our Senior Director of Government Affairs, Josh Lunger. This month’s panelists include:
- Rep. Thomas Albert, District 86 (R)
- Rep. Tommy Brann, District 77 (R)
- Sen. Winnie Brinks, District 29, (D)
- Rep. Mark Huizenga, District 74 (R)
- Rep. Steven Johnson, District 72 (R)
- Rep. David LaGrand, District 75 (D)
- Rep. Luke Meerman, District 88 (R)
- Rep. Patrick Outman, District 70 (R)
- Rep. Bryan Posthumus, District 73 (R)
- Rep. Bradley Slaugh, District 90 (R)
- Rep. Greg VanWoerkom, District 91 (R)
Monday, October 25
7:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Amway World Headquarters
Members: $25 / Non-Members: $35