Are you opening a new business, expanding at your current location, relocating, or celebrating a milestone anniversary?
A Ribbon Cutting ceremony is an important part of your overall marketing and advertising plan and is a great way to kick off a grand opening or relocation of a business.
As we continue to navigate a safe return to work, the Grand Rapids Chamber has updated the ribbon-cutting policy and procedures to ensure safety for participants and the community.
Ribbon Cutting Guidelines
- All CDC guidelines must be followed with regard to large events/gatherings (social distancing, number of attendees, etc.)
- Ribbon cuttings should be conducted outside when possible
- For ribbon cuttings conducted inside, the host must provide facemasks, access to hand sanitizer, as well as adequate space to practice appropriate social distancing
- No more than 5 people (+1 person on each end) will be able to be behind the ribbon for the photo
- Photos will be taken by a chamber staff person for sharing on the Chamber’s social media
Virtual Ribbon Cuttings
- The Chamber will provide (based on availability) access to either Zoom or GoToMeeting unless the host has their own virtual platform they would like to use
- Chamber staff and volunteers will be invited to attend through the selected virtual platform; staff and volunteers will not have a physical presence at virtual events
- The specified virtual platform link will be shared with the host to distribute to their selected guest list. To protect the integrity and security of your event in the virtual world, it is recommended that you share this link with a select group of invited guests.
- The Chamber will provide the use of the BIG Scissors and red ribbon to the host (dropped off the day prior and picked back up within 24 hours following your event)
- The host will be responsible for their own photos/videos and share them with the Chamber for posting on our social media