ELEVATE MINORITY BUSINESS
ELEVATE aims to increase capacity minority-owned businesses by removing obstacles through education, equitable inclusion and creating a solid foundation for success.
This is accomplished by equipping participants with strong business fundamentals to tackle obstacles to capacity growth, introducing new and reinforcing existing relationships with the Grand Rapids Area business community, and surrounding the participant with a system of support to enable the personal growth needed to provide the vision, direction, and leadership necessary to manage a more complex business.
- Capacity Building: each participant will undergo an initial consult to determine the best strategy and actions plan for business development
- Improve Knowledge Base: Participants will participate in seven sessions on various business topics facilitated by exerts in their field who will offer their strategic advice.
- Relationship Building: a key advantage gained by ELEVATE participants is the actionable relationships that will be forged within the program among minority owned businesses, and other key community stakeholders.
- ELEVATE Kickoff: February 14 - 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Leadership Development: February 28 - 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- HR/Employee Wellness: March 14 - 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Finances & Economic Forecast: March 28 - 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Legal & Taxes: Aril 11 - 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- External Relations & Marketing: April 25 - 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Putting It All Together: May 9 - 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.