Grand Rapids Chamber Announces West Michigan CEO Council
The council will serve to engage business leaders as community leaders
Grand Rapids, Michigan – The Grand Rapids Chamber has assembled a cohort of highly engaged business leaders from diverse industries committed to cultivating a thriving and prosperous West Michigan for all. This council will serve to play a key role in the development of a shared future, by making meaningful connections, participating in a forum to discuss challenging issues, and create opportunities to propel the West Michigan community on a continued trajectory of growth.
West Michigan has the fastest growing economy in the United States. Home to over 130 international companies and with the assets of much larger communities, Grand Rapids offers big-city amenities with a small-town feel. Year-over-year, the metropolitan area consistently ranks at the top of economic and quality of life measurements. This success directly correlates with a historic foundation of generous business leaders who understood their responsibility as community leaders. These leaders demonstrated the commitment and foresight necessary to spearhead strategic community change in both issues and infrastructure, willingly taking on difficult challenges for a positive impact on many.
“Building upon that foundation is crucial to the region’s future success, requiring new generations of leaders to come forward to assume this stewardship role,” said Rick Baker, President, and CEO of the Grand Rapids Chamber. “Ensuring the continuation of this vibrant economy cannot be provided by only a few, it must be the work of many.”
“I am honored to help lead the formation of this group of executives that are committed to intentional community leadership succession,” said Meredith Bronk, President, and CEO of OST and chairperson of the Grand Rapids Chamber board of directors. “We are creating a new platform to engage business leaders as community leaders.”
The Grand Rapids Chamber is thrilled to announce the cohort of leaders comprised of the West Michigan CEO Council:
- Nick Adamy, Managing Director, Adamy Valuation
- Rick Baker, President & CEO, Grand Rapids Chamber
- Meredith Bronk, President & CEO, OST
- Joe Chamberlin, CEO, West Michigan Whitecaps
- Todd Custer, President & CEO, Custer, Inc.
- Anthony Chang, Founder & CEO, BAMF Health
- Krista Flynn, Regional President, TCF Bank
- Rhonda Huismann, Office Managing Partner, Crowe
- Nate Koetje, CEO, Feyen Zylstra
- Dan Meyering, CEO, Trillium Ventures
- Dierdra Mitchell, President & CEO, Waséyabek Development Company, LLC
- Mark Peters, CEO, Butterball Farms, Inc.
- Robert W. Roth, President & CEO, RoMan Manufacturing, Inc.
- Praveen Thadani, President, Priority Health
- Ben Wickstrom, President & CEO, Erhardt Construction
- Doug Young, President, Behler-Young
The West Michigan CEO Council will be facilitated by Barbara Rapaport, of Real-Time Perspectives.
About the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce
The Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce leads the business community in creating a dynamic, top-of-mind West Michigan region. Together with over 2,500 member businesses (80% of which are small businesses with fewer than 50 employees), we work to expand the influence, access, and information required to actively encourage entrepreneurial growth and community leadership. We offer the connections, resources, and insights needed to develop strong leaders, engage a diverse workforce, foster an inclusive and welcoming community, and advance a vibrant business environment that nurtures economic prosperity for all. Learn more at www.grandrapids.org.