Innovation | Tri-Share Pilot Program
The tri-share pilot program is the first of its kind and offers a unique and innovative way of thinking about child care funding, accessibility, and affordability. A few major highlights:
- Three pilot programs: one each in a rural, urban and suburban setting
- Splits the cost of child care between state, families, and businesses
- Families, businesses, and providers would work with a Facilitator Hub that can identify supply from the provider side, and demand from Facilitator Hubs will also be the fiduciary and administrative arm.
- Businesses elect to be in this pilot and have the opportunity to offer this benefit to their employees up to 250% FPL, a substantial increase from our current levels of 150%
- Child care becomes more affordable for families, allowing for parents to climb the economic
Benefits for Business
- Employers are, now more than ever, aware that child care is a barrier to
- Employers have the opportunity to opt-into this hub that allows employers to invest and retain their
- During these uncertain times, business owners know that being a part of this hub gives their employees peace of mind and their business stability.
Benefits for Providers
- Our child care industry has taken a Being a part of the pilot gives providers access to the facilitator hub that provides administrative support to navigate these uncertain times.
- Working directly with local employers provides long-term
Benefits for Families
- Employees see their child care bill reduced, allowing them to better provide for their families and/or enter the workforce at a price point that works better for their family’s pocket.
- Employer engagement and the facilitator hub takes some of the guesswork out of searching for a reliable child care
- Long term, business engagement will demand higher quality facilities for their employees, leading to an increased level of care
In the News
- Top Chamber Priority Receives 370m in State Budget
- Child care more affordable through innovative, bipartisan cost-sharing program