Many factors contribute to a positive environment conducive to business growth—from talent to roads to taxes. The Grand Rapids Area Chamber is continually working to make Michigan the best place to do business. Specifically, here are some of the top public policy issues the Chamber will focus on in 2019-2020.
- Air Quality Attainment Status for West Michigan
- Invasive Species
- Transportation & Infrastructure
- Prescription Drug Pricing
- Soo Locks
- Unfunded Liabilities
- Expansion of the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act
- Health Care Mandates
- Expansion of Going Pro Talent Fund
- Sustainable Funding for Michigan Roads
- Consistent Assessments and Rigorous Standards for K-12
- Criminal Justice Reforms
- Child Care Access and Affordability
Grand Rapids/Kent County Priorities
- Housing Supply and Affordability
- Fair and Streamlined Regulations
- Local Government Collaboration
- Transit Connections with Employers
Business owners across the board are discovering how action on mission-critical business issues can be accomplished through the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce. We listen carefully to members and turn member input into action through relentless advocacy. Our goal is to improve Michigan’s economic competitiveness as well as our region. Our legislative priorities are intended to help focus policymakers’ attention on the economic challenges facing Michigan and to offer pro-business solutions to these problems. Whenever possible, Chamber staff works across party lines with elected officials to shape beneficial public policy.
Learn more about our priority issues:
Join one of our many issue-oriented advocacy committees to get more involved.