Networking is the name of the game at the Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce’s Business Exchange Luncheons. If you haven’t been to one yet, you aren’t maximizing what the Chamber can do for you.
So bring out your business cards, build some connections, and read our top five reasons you should be attending our BEX’s:
1. It’s the Chamber’s #1 networking event!
Where else would you get the chance to meet over 100 different entrepreneurs in one room? If you haven’t been to one of our luncheons, you aren’t maximizing what the Chamber can do for you.
2. Over 80% of 750 business executives said that in-person meetings are better for long-term relationships.
At least, according to a survey by Forbes Insights!
3. Attending registered networking events that require a small fee actually encourages you to make the most of the opportunity (because you’ll suffer a monetary penalty otherwise.)
Don’t believe us? Ask TIME Magazine! Plus, regularly exercising those social skills will help you appear more confident in front of possible clients and partners… which will, in turn, help your business be successful.
4. As Jay Samit, Vice Chairman of Deloitte Digital, once said: “Networking is all about connecting with people. But then again, isn’t that what life is about? …
… The more time you can find to get out of the office and build true friendships, the farther your startup will go. Entrepreneurs need to remember to spend as much time working on their business as they do in their business.
5. A greater amount of original ideas are developed during in-person meetings over online or digital meetings.
Our Business Exchange Luncheons (BEX) aren’t just an exchange of business cards, but of insights and ideas too!
In short, if you’re not networking, then you’re not working enough to help your business!
Thursday, September 7, 2017
11:30 A.M. – 1:30 P.M.
Stonewater Country Club – 7177 Kalamazoo Ave.
$25 for members, $30 for future members, and late registration starting Sunday, September 3.
Don’t forget to bring your business cards!