Monday, March 19, 2018
1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Grand Rapids Chamber, 250 Monroe Ave. NW
$45 for members, $55 for future members, late registration starting Wednesday, March 14
March Event Topic: How to Amplify Your Publicity and Promote Your Business
This engaging, interactive breakout is for small businesses, nonprofit organizations and entrepreneurs who want to generate media coverage and make an impact on a budget. Emily Richett, Founder & Lead Publicist at Richett Media, will share strategies and tactics from her 12+ years of experience in the media world, including:
- How to position your business to be “newsworthy” to the media
- Tricks of the Trade – how to connect with reporters, producers, and editors
- How to Pitch like a Pro: The best way to pitch your story
- What the seasonal PR calendar is and how your business can plug into it to generate press opportunities
- How to turn your press coverage into profit
- Hacks: some of the best free (or cheap) tools to amplify your PR
You will leave with an understanding of how to create your own 12-month publicity planning calendar.
About Speaker Emily Richett
Emily founded Richett Media in 2012, after a career as a news reporter in a top 40 media market, where she shared more than 6,000 stories about inspiring entrepreneurs, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. Emily’s experience includes working with national brands like Walmart, Chrysler and Create & Craft Television. She is a columnist for Inc.com and video contributor for Entrepreneur Magazine, and frequently represents clients for media appearances locally and throughout the US.
Questions? Contact Elizabeth Morse at 616.771.0342