Get connected with the leaders and initiatives that are shaping the future of Grand Rapids with the Emerging Leaders Series.
Applications are open
For the 2017 program year, 40 diverse young professionals will be selected to participate in the Emerging Leaders Series (ELS) Program.
Questions? Contact Megan Smith Jovanovic for more information.
About the program
If you are a professional with a passion for growing professionally and becoming actively engaged in the community, then the Emerging Leaders Series offers the ideal setting to expand your horizons.
Make Grand Rapids your classroom with five half-day sessions that combine tours, speakers, activities, and inter-disciplinary discussions that build community connections, leadership skills, and insight into issues facing Grand Rapids. Plus, you’ll discover new opportunities to engage in the community.
This five-session program features:
- Conversations with key community leaders
- Visits to innovative community programs and initiatives
- Networking with a diverse group of peers
- An orientation to the city and what makes it a unique community
- Personal leadership development
This professional development opportunity is particularly valuable for young and early-career professionals as well as those with a keen interest in our community and growing professionally.
The 2016 Emerging Leaders Series class is limited to 40 participants.
We seek individuals who:
- Desire to actively engage in the Grand Rapids community through volunteering and leadership
- Represent a cross-section of industries, ethnic backgrounds, and geographical areas throughout Grand Rapids